[Ltrace-devel] Pulling in patches

Joe Damato ice799 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 01:24:26 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Zach Welch <zwelch at codesourcery.com> wrote:
> On 10/06/2010 11:44 PM, Joe Damato wrote:
>> libdl support: http://github.com/ice799/ltrace/compare/163765561621a9127cee...0ef227193a5e6edc2003
>> I've been using this patchset quite a bit and it seems to be OK. I'd
>> love it if some one else could take a look and review these changes. I
>> forgot to create a ChangeLog entry for these, so I'll do that and then
>> try to merge these in.
>
> I would suggest using git rebase to simplify and clean these patches.
> Casual inspection reveals that they do not preserve atomicity (one
> change per patch). I also see possible problems with build consistency: each
> patch should allow the tree to be built and pass all regression tests.

For sure. I've rebased quite a bit (but haven't pushed my rebased
libdl patches just yet).

I notice that when I run the test suite on the master ltrace tree
found on the official repository I get a lot of test suite failures:

		===  Summary ===

# of expected passes	49
# of unexpected failures	30

Perhaps it makes sense to fix these before merging the floating
patches in so that we prevent breakage? Anyone want to help fix these
test suite failures? I'll start working on them, but could definitely
use a hand.

joe