[Ltrace-devel] PPC32 build fix, and other minor fixes suggested for 0.6.0

Michael K. Edwards m.k.edwards at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 16:53:03 UTC 2011

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 12:10 AM, Joe Damato <ice799 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your work on this. I'll apply these patches and test. No
> need to do this now, but in the future can you please send each patch
> as a separate email to the list (checkout git send-email) to make it
> easier to comment on specific patches?

Will do; these were extracted on a lab machine with no direct net
access, so I did the lazy thing and sent them from GMail.  I'll get my
act together :-)

> All the patches look OK except patch 4. Is there a reason we need to
> update to autoconf 2.65? Doing so makes running autoreconf fail on
> some linux distributions with older versions of autoconf. I don't
> think we're using any features from 2.65, are we?

No, that just eliminated some sort of warning due to AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
being deprecated in favor of LT_INIT.  I'm sure it's fine without it.

Thanks for taking these under consideration; I look forward to a 0.6.0
release.  (I'm still working on better Thumb2 support, but that can go
in 0.6.1.)  I'm about to fire off a whole slew of suggested updates to
crosstool-ng, but I'm holding off so that the ltrace update can appear
as a new version number rather than a gimongous patch.

Cheers,
- Michael