[Ltrace-devel] git write access request

Petr Machata pmachata at redhat.com
Fri Nov 11 22:55:00 UTC 2011

Dmitry Zenovich <dzenovich at gmail.com> writes:

> I want to contribute to the ltrace project. I added the ability to
> intercept library-functions calls and replace the return-values by
> fixed number preconfigured from command-line. I also made possible for
> the ltrace to decide whenever it should replace return value or not by
> calling the python wrapper-function from the file, given in
> command-line. I also added the ability to stub out the return values

The former sounds definitely useful and was on my list for some time
now.

> of time-related functions (time, gettimeofday and clock_gettime),
> modifying current time for program, that is attached to ltrace. Most
> of new code will work only under x86 architecture and was completely
> tested in x86_64 linux environment.

The important thing is that all arch-dependent code is properly hidden
in arch directories and doesn't break unsupported architectures.  ltrace
is full of ifdefs as it is, and I would very much prefer that we don't
add more of that.

> Please, give me an advice about how I can import my code into the
> ltrace project.

Posting the patch series would be the first step.  Or you could upload
your repository to github or somewhere and post a link.  The point is
that others can review the code, even though "others" seems to be "I"
lately.

Thanks,
PM