[Ltrace-devel] pmachata/libs merged, state of revamp branch

Petr Machata pmachata at redhat.com
Thu May 17 17:19:27 UTC 2012

Hi all,

pmachata/libs became the new master, as I announced would happen.

The branch pmachata/revamp was rebased on top of that.  PPC back end was
rewritten to take advantage of the new fetch intefrace.  The test suite
comes out clean in all PPC scenarios except of PPC32/PPC64
(tracer/tracee).  That is currently not supported at all, ltrace assumes
target address is not wider than host address.

I verified that x86_64 and x86_64/i386 still pass cleanly.  Pure i386 is
very broken, because it still uses the old interfaces based on host
long.  I'd like to get rid of i386 back end completely, and let x86_64
handle it.  x86_64 needs to support i386 ABI anyway, so why not reuse it
for pure i386 case as well.  Other than that we would need a fetch back
end specifically for i386, which is an exercise in cut-n-paste.

I also dropped many of my old branches that were superseded by the
revamp branch.

Thanks,
PM