[Ltrace-devel] mips/mips-64 status?

Edgar E. Iglesias edgar.iglesias at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 10:20:06 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 10:11:42PM -0500, Randy MacLeod wrote:
>    On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 4:07 PM, Petr Machata <[1]pmachata at redhat.com>
>    wrote:
>
>    Randy MacLeod <[2]rwmacleod at gmail.com> writes:
>
>    > I also built for mips-32 and found that it compiles but  doesn't run.
>    See below.
>    > This result contradicts the README so if other people confirm that
>    mips is busted,
>    > then the README should be changed.
>
>      Could you please try plain 0.7.0 as well?  This should be about the
>      same, but chances are I broke something on master since 0.7.0.
>      Sedat
>      Dilek and Edgar Iglesias both reported that 0.7.0 worked on 32-bit
>      MIPS.
>      I think they meant 32-bit MIPS CPU, not even MIPS64 running in
>      32-bit
>      mode (n32 ABI).
>
>    I tried that. It didn't work either.

Hi,

MIPS32 is not busted, we've worked on improving the MIPS port and tested
on systems for which we've got access to. The errors you see are likely
caused by something that your mips toolchain is emitting that ltrace
doesn't recognise. An objdump of a hello world or the echo binary might help.
Can you also post what version of libc and compiler+binutils you
are using to build the programs under trace?

Thanks,
Edgar