[Ltrace-devel] mips: Feedback ltrace v0.7.0-gitf97b187

Sedat Dilek sedat.dilek at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 14:13:59 UTC 2012

[ CCing Oliver (project-lead of the Freetz router project) ]

Hi,

Unfortunately, I had a case of death recently, so I was a bit quite
and will stay a while so.

Today Jackie from Broadcom contacted me privately about the status of
latest ltrace GIT on MIPS.

I have tested with MIPSEL arch against the Freetz build-system with
these versions:

GCC_VER="4.7.2-RC-20120914"
UCLIBC_VER="0.9.33.2"
LTRACE_VER="0.7.0-gitf97b187"

NOTE-1:
I have tested always with a statically linked ltrace binary.
NOTE-2:
With newer gcc-versions I had to set some target-CC options to
suppress errors (treat them as warnings, see [1]).
NOTE-3:
Ltracing the dsld-daemon (closed source) on my router box lead
sometimes to stalls and/or my box rebooted. This could be due to
limited RAM as I have approx. 2MiB free.
NOTE-4:
Demangling support was disabled (see diff file).
NOTE-5:
I tested "ARCH=mipsel" (see diff file).

Please have a closer look into the attached files for more details.

A big thank you to ***Edgar*** for the great work on MIPS and
***Petr*** for reviving ltrace, being a good mentor and reviewer :-)!

Regards,
- Sedat -

[1] http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Warning-Options.html

P.S.: Oliver, the attached diff is still "experimental" (aka
WorksForMe). Feel free to test "ARCH=mips" on a modern Freetz
compatible router box.