[Ltrace-devel] ltrace v0.7.0-git: Session on a Freetz MIPSEL router box

Edgar E. Iglesias edgar.iglesias at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 13:54:45 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 08, 2012 at 11:30:28AM +0800, "Jackie Yeh [?????????]" wrote:
> Hi Petr,
>
> I applied your patch, and attached the log with -D77 option.
>
> :: fetch_rd32: couldn't read 20 bytes from (nil)
> It's strange that 'addr' is a NULL pointer!

Hello,

The reason for the null addr is that MIPS dynamic linkers dont use the
DT_DEBUG entries in the dynamic section. Instead they use a MIPS
specific tag, DT_MIPS_RLD_MAP. I've posted a set of patches to
the list that try to fix this issue, would be awesome if you could
try them out on your side aswell.

Best regards,
Edgar