[Ltrace-devel] ltrace v0.7.0-git: Session on a Freetz MIPSEL router box

Petr Machata pmachata at redhat.com
Thu Oct 11 10:55:39 UTC 2012

"Edgar E. Iglesias" <edgar.iglesias at gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 04:44:15PM +0800, "Jackie Yeh [葉龍泉]" wrote:
>> Your patches works!
>> I have to apply patch 1~6, only 1~4 doesn't work.
>>
>> One question for the patches:
>> For these patches I copy-and-paste, then save to a patch file, but most of them
>> doesn't work at all -- some characters are missing and some long line are cut.
>> So I actually patch them manually.
>> Do you have some better way to apply these patches?

If your mail client allows "display as raw" or "show source", or some
other type of option, then that might be the right way to do it.  Gmail
inteface has "Show Original" (or some such, my interface is translated)
that would seemingly serve this purpose, if that's what you are using.

>> Another question I'm not sure it's ltrace bug or my application's problem:
>> <quote>
>> _ZThn8_NK7QWidget6metricEN12QPaintDevice17PaintDeviceMetricE(0x603710, 8,
>> 0x603710, 0callstack_push_symfunc: Error: call nesting too deep!
>> </quote>
>>
>> Initially the MAX_CALLDEPTH is defined as 64, after I increase it to 256, the
>> "call nesting too deep" error keeps happened, then the application
>> stops.
>
> These are likely bugs in ltrace. I still have many cases that fail that I plan
> to work on. Hopefully I'll have more time and can post more fixes
> continously.
>
> Regarding emailed patches, I usually save the files into a mail folder and use
> the "git am" command. I plan to setup a public git tree soon, that will make it
> easier for others to just clone or pull from it.

If you create an account on alioth, I'll happily grant you repo access.
You could push to your own branch and I'd just merge after reviewing.

(I'll get around to your sprintf bug and the recent patch set later
today.)

Thanks,
PM