[Ltrace-devel] Release soon?

Sedat Dilek sedat.dilek at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 09:32:58 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 8:36 PM, Petr Machata <pmachata at redhat.com> wrote:
> And last but not least,
>
> I would like to make a release soon-ish.  ltrace has seen huge changes
> since 0.6, and there's not much of a reason to wait.  Does anyone have
> any unfinished business that they would like to wrap before 0.7?  We can
> wait for a bit more, but we could also do 0.8 shortly afterwards.
>
> (ARM software singlestepping is definitely a post-0.7 material, and I
> think that IFUNC can wait a bit as well.)
>
> Unless there are objections, I'll start with the release dance probably
> sometime next week.

[ CCing Jakub Wilk (Debian maintainer) and Joe Damato (listed in
ltrace's debian/changelog file) ]

Hi Petr,

I would like to see a v0.7.0 release soonish :-)!

[ Release Candidate ]

But... what about a Releace Candidate (RC) before releasing a v0.7.0
final to give people a chance for feedback?
What about announcing such an RC to Linux (news) online services like
Freshmeat/Icewalkers/Slashdot/etc.?
( Tarballs with a constant URL for downloading is highly appreciated. )

[ Debianizing ]

I would also like to see a polished up debian/ directory.
It is while ago I did some debianizing but I have CCed the current
Debian maintainer and the guy from ltrace-git debian/changelog [1].
IIRC files like README, NEWS etc are also recognized when packaging...
but I have to consult the Debian maintainers guide as well.

[ Copyright notes | debian/copyright file ]

I had a quick look at some recent checked-in files into the ltrace GIT
repository.
You happen to know if all the files have a updated (C)opyright header?
This is IIRC very important to Debian folks to have an up2date
debian/copyright file [2]!

[ Status of archs ]

Is there a file containing the status of the various archs?

[ "org mode" ]

Never heard of that, more infos?

[ Thanks ]

Thanks Petr, you killed that GNU-CVS-alike ChangeLog non-sense...
Thanks Edgar for pushing MIPS arch!

Some small ideas...

Kind Regards,
- Sedat -

[1] anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/ltrace.git;a=blob;f=debian/changelog;hb=HEAD
[2] anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/ltrace.git;a=blob;f=debian/copyright;hb=HEAD