[Ltrace-devel] Requesting Support: ltrace paused on 'arch_disable_breakpoint'

Petr Machata pmachata at redhat.com
Wed Jul 3 20:23:02 UTC 2013

Ajay Kumar <ajayembedded at gmail.com> writes:

> We have managed to compile ltrace version 0.6.0, downloaded from:
> https://github.com/ice799/ltrace

Please check the latest official tree:
  git://git.debian.org/git/collab-maint/ltrace.git

Older ltrace releases rely on kernel emulation of singlestepping, which
was removed from recent kernels, so no existing ltrace releases
officially support ARM.  If your kernel still supports this, then
e.g. 0.7.2 _might_ work.  I'm fairly sure there are bugs in decoding
function calls parameters though, so don't read into the output too
much.  That said, the tarballs are here:

  https://alioth.debian.org/frs/?group_id=30892

Latest GIT (as referenced above) _should_ work on ARM--has worked per my
testing anyway.  It's really ltrace 0.8 RC, but I haven't had time to
package this yet.

Thanks,
PM