[Ltrace-devel] Welcome + argument question.

Petr Machata pmachata at redhat.com
Mon Oct 21 15:36:22 UTC 2013

Adam Malinowski <a.malinowsk2 at partner.samsung.com> writes:

> Hello everybody.
> I'm new to this group and to ltrace so again hello.

Hello!

> What happened from version 0.5.3 (Ubuntu) with printing strings in
> syscalls arguments?

0.5.3 is ancient, ltrace really ought to be rebased to 0.7 (where this
works per my testing).  One thing worth checking would be whether ltrace
sees /etc/ltrace.conf (stracing ltrace is a way to see whether
/etc/ltrace.conf is opened successfully).  If not, then ltrace doesn't
see the syscall prototypes, and won't know which parameters are strings.

I also see this is broken on master, probably due to my prototype
library work.  Clearly we don't have tests for this.  I'll have to fix
this before 0.8.

Thanks,
PM