[Ltrace-devel] Welcome + argument question.

Petr Machata pmachata at redhat.com
Wed Oct 23 08:39:42 UTC 2013

Adam Malinowski <a.malinowsk2 at partner.samsung.com> writes:

> Seccomp is kernel tool which can filter system calls and perform

OK, thanks for that.

> So what i did with ltrace? I added new setting to ptrace which enables
> seccomp events, also I added seccomp events handling and added

I imagine that's in trace_set_options in Linux backend, so probably OK.

> a little code to handling sysrets. Also I had to add some info to summary
> and non summary mode which informs user about seccomp activity.
> I added to command line arguments. One of them enables seccomp
> cooperation (not enabled by default) and second one enables special
> summary feature. This special summary feature is grouping syscalls
> matching not only their names (which is now) but also their arguments.

The summary mode seems generally useful in any case.  I'd need to see
the sysret code to decide.  Well, I'll need to see the code in any case.
There's usually a couple rounds of code review before stuff gets in,
depends on whether you want to go through that.

Thanks,
PM