[Ltrace-devel] missing library traces

Eugene Rudoy gene at freetz.org
Thu Jan 16 17:10:53 UTC 2014

Hi Petr,

> It might be a missing feature.  ltrace generally relies on existence of
> PLT slots, through which all call to dynamic libraries are made.  We put
> breakpoints to these slots, so as to catch these calls.  If there are no
> PLT slots, we can't trace library calls.

hmm, was it done some other way in (the now ancient) ltrace-0.5.3?
ltrace-0.5.3 works just fine with exactly the same binary.

I've also tested the latest master - doesn't work either.

Best regards,
Gene

p.s. copy-&-pasted your answer to Oliver from the archive on the
ltrace site as I wasn't subscribed to the list at the time you replied
to him.