[Ltrace-devel] ltrace update for ppc64el arch (Petr Machata)

Petr Machata pmachata at redhat.com
Wed Mar 12 17:04:50 UTC 2014

"Thierry at vnet" <thierry at linux.vnet.ibm.com> writes:

> We defined some new type like homogeneous and some more attributes for
> struct and your comment was
> "Why can't you use type_get_hfa_type? Can we extend it so that it does
> what you need?".
> So I was wondering if the solution was not to enhance current strcutures.

What I had in mind was extending the functionality provided by
type_get_hfa_type.  I'm not sure how aarch64 HFA types differ from the
ones that other arches use.  When I wrote aarch64 backend for elfutils,
they seemed to be fairly ordinary, but I may have missed some small
detail somewhere.  So what is the data type for which what
type_get_hfa_type returns is inconsistent with expectation?

Thank you,
PM