[Ltrace-devel] Current upstream version error on ppc64

Petr Machata pmachata at redhat.com
Fri Mar 14 14:46:40 UTC 2014

"Thierry at vnet" <thierry at linux.vnet.ibm.com> writes:

> Hello,
> Trying to figure why I get issues on ppc64le, I clone last tree.
> While running tests, I get 2 kind of errors
>
> 1) Running ./ltrace.minor/demangle.exp ...
> FAIL: Bad compiler!
> compile failed for ltrace test, default_target_compile: Can't find g++.

You'll need to install g++ to run the demangle test case(s).

> ;exit}/local/tfauck/suze/ltrace/testsuite/../ltrace: invalid option -- 'C'
> Try `/local/tfauck/suze/ltrace/testsuite/../ltrace --help' for more
> information.
>     while executing

... which will probably bring in the libraries with demangling
functions, which enables ltrace's -C command line switch.

> 2) Running ./ltrace.minor/wchar.exp ...

> Assertion `!!i' failed.
>     while executing

That comes from the test case.  What does `locale' say if you run it?
If you are running the test with C locale, the iswalpha et.al. might
give unexpected results like that.

Thanks,
PM