[Ltrace-devel] DWARF prototypes: handling symbol aliases

Petr Machata pmachata at redhat.com
Sat May 31 01:35:44 UTC 2014

Dima Kogan <lists at dima.secretsauce.net> writes:

> Hi. This code wasn't pushed anywhere, but if you want to look at it,
> it's here:
>
>  https://github.com/dkogan/ltrace/tree/libsym_aliases_inexportlist

Took a look now.  Looks reasonable.  The iterator interfaces that you
have seem unlike what's in ltrace (look in callback.h), but they might
be just unfinished.

I'm wondering whether we should stop pretending it's an export list, and
start calling it symtab or something, now that we will unconditionally
construct anyway, and now that we hold more than just names in there.

But anyway.  The approach seems reasonable to me.

Thanks,
PM