[Ltrace-devel] missing library traces

Faraz Shahbazker Faraz.Shahbazker at imgtec.com
Mon Jan 5 06:11:33 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 1:54 PM, Petr Machata <pmachata at redhat.com> wrote:
> It seems like I wanted to redo what PowerPC (and newly Xtensa!) was/is
> doing with unresolving PLT slots when they are resolved, so that we
> don't have to move breakpoints to function entry points, but can keep
> them in PLT.  I'm not sure how far I got.  The code for this
> specifically seems to be in, but it is likely that I broke some other
> MIPS use cases, special symbol types or other MIPS magic.
>
> Someone would need to fix regressions in test cases between
> pmachata/mips and 94773bf0b1 (the branch-off point) and fix them.  They
> would need to have enough domain knowledge to realize where the test
> suite has blind spots, what it doesn't test, and add tests and fixes for
> these test cases.  That someone is unlikely to be me, my personal time
> budget is actually even more strained now than it was a year ago.

Just started looking at your branch before the holidays. The 'unresolve' logic for
pre-linked ELFs is missing and some of the calculations need to be biased
appropriately. I don't have the necessary domain knowledge, but I do have time,
so if someone could nudge me in the right direction ...

Running regressions now, I have a couple of questions coming your way.

Regards,
Faraz Shahbazker