[Ltrace-devel] New ltrace release

Dima Kogan dima at secretsauce.net
Fri Apr 8 23:27:02 UTC 2016

Thierry Fauck at linux.vnet.ibm.com <thierry at linux.vnet.ibm.com> writes:

> We all agree that new features like dwarf support should be officially
> integrated in a release.
> However today the few tests I have made show that dward test is
> providing not coherent results on x86_64 so I believe that time is
> missing to have a more complete testing release ...
> At least on my side I need a few days to fix ppc64 problems with dwarf
> test.... ppc64le being in good shape
> I would be glad to hear from ARM side...

Hi. Sorry it took so long to reply. Are the DWARF tests the main blocker
here? There're more features the new code has: backtraces for instance.

I just looked at the dwarf tests, and I see a number of failures that
have appeared because my libc was updated between when the tests were
written and now.

One issue was a crash, that is fixed by the attached patch. A number of
other libc changes cause test failures, but I haven't fixed those yet. I
will probably simply disable those test chunks.

Are you having trouble on your ppc64 box still? Is it worth it for me to
try to replicate that in emulation?