[Ltrace-devel] Patches I sent for ppc64le support

Thierry Fauck@linux.vnet.ibm.com thierry at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Mar 23 17:55:04 UTC 2016

Hello,

I submitted 4 patches relative to ppc64le support since quite a few
distro like RHEL, Fedora, OpenSuze, CentOS are using the dev. tree to
have a relatively stabled version of ltrace.
These patches are fixing bugs preventing basic use of ltrace with
commands like: ltrace make
but where also found while running the testsuite (hang/loop during
dwarf/filter tests).

The last feature ( I know about) not fixed is dwarf - 14 failing cases -
but I found the test dwarf is not passing on x86_64 either but for
different reasons
- on x86_64, left output fields are reported as addresses instead of values
- on ppc64le, right output fields are like arrays when nil is expected
any guess where to look for that ?

More later
Regards
Thierry