libiconv error (symbol not found) but libiconv.so.2 IS present under /usr/local/lib

Netcool Netcool leo.netcool at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 21:06:58 UTC 2005

Hi Adam,

The EXPORT worked. However, the minicom binary, is 32-bit, same as the
libiconv.so.1 and crle output. OTOH, "crle -64" doesn't add
/usr/local/lib since there are no 64-bit libs in there.

Using truss I can see minicom open /var/ld/ld.conf before trying
/usr/lib/libiconv.so.1 (it looks under /usr/lib), so I think maybe
that file is corrupt... I tried a "cat /var/ld/ld.conf" and there are
binary data on it. I think this file should be a plain ascii file...

I will look for a way to re/create ld.conf

Regards,

Leo