Ctrl+c in Minicom

Jon Carmicheal jon.carmicheal at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 16:40:03 UTC 2008

Hello Martin Godisch,

First, I want to thank you for your work on minicom.  I've been using it
extensively at college, and it has been a great tool for me.

Something that I very often need to be able to do, but have not yet been
able to find out, is to send the "Ctrl+c" command through minicom to cancel
a program.  I'm connecting via minicom from my computer to a robot that is
running Linux, and whenever I run a program on him that doesn't terminate
properly, I need to be able to kill it with Ctrl+c.  As it is, I have to
restart the robot to make him forget about the program.

I've searched a lot of forums and even made some posts about the issue.  All
that I have been able to come up with is stuff that doesn't work, like
Ctrl+a then Ctrl+c.  I've also tried other serial port terminals, but none
of them let me send "Ctrl+c" either.  Do you know of a way I can do this?

If there isn't a way currently built in, could you advise me on how I could
modify the source code to add that functionality?

Sincerely,
Jon