minicom initialization

Dale Blount minicom at dale.us
Fri Oct 2 01:20:19 UTC 2009

Hello list,

Excuse me if this sounds a bit odd, but I'm trying to figure out exactly
what minicom does when you invoke it with the default settings against a
serial port.  Long and short is that I have a custom application that
can't read data from the serial port until I've run minicom against it
once after each reboot.  As I add more serial ports and similar
applications it gets a bit old running minicom by hand against each port
after each reboot.  I've played around with setserial and stty and can't
find any switches that emulate exactly what minicom manages to do.

Can anyone poke me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Dale