[minicom-Bugs][302414] Problems in HP-UX

minicom-bugs at alioth.debian.org minicom-bugs at alioth.debian.org
Sat Jul 23 18:13:31 UTC 2011

Bugs item #302414, was changed at 2005-10-25 12:09 by Adam Lackorzynski
You can respond by visiting:
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100031&aid=302414&group_id=30018

Category: None
Group: None
>Resolution: Out of Date

Initial Comment:
I have minicom working on HP-UX, but I had to do some changes to the source code:

1. src/Makefile.in: I had to remove -Wall and -W from CFLAGS, since HP's cc doesn't understand that.

2. window.c and wkeys.c: Function tgetent() works different in HP-UX. In minicom, a return value of 0 is seen as an error. In HP-UX, this is the normal return value (http://docs.hp.com/en/B2355-90695/tgetent.3X.html), so I removed the 0 case in the switches.

3. wkeys.c: The "escape" variable is declared but not defined. The linker complains. I added "int escape;" at the end of wkeys.c.

4. After running make install, minicom ignores key presses. I discovered this is because the "minicom.keyserv" program is not launched. In ipc.c, you try to execl /usr/local/etc/keyserv, but this doesn't exist. I made this link:

/usr/local/etc/keyserv -> /usr/local/bin/minicom.keyserv

Now minicom works without any problem. I hope you may solve all this problems with autoconf tests. Thanks.

Maximiliano Pin.

Comment By: Adam Lackorzynski (al-guest)