minico 2.6.1 for ubuntu 11.10

Mark Einon mark.einon at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 08:31:42 UTC 2012

On 27 April 2012 00:31, Cyril Gnanaprakasham <cyril73 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I recently downloaded minicom 2.5 for ubuntu 11.10. I need to install 2.6.1
> to make use of the new feature, which is timestamp.
> But I am unable to find a .deb file to install in ubuntu. And every time  I
> install from .tar.gz on 2.6.1, its defaults to 2.5 version (gets it from the
> /etc/apt/source.list)
> is there a new source list for this new version ? or an alternate method to
> install the new version ?

Hi Cyril,

The new 2.6.1 minicom is installed at /usr/local/bin/minicom, your
current distribution version, 2.5 is probably installed at
/usr/bin/minicom. Because of the way your PATH variable is written,
your shell finds the 2.5 version first when you launch minicom.

Either specify the absolute path to the version you want to run when
starting minicom, or remove the 2.5 version from your system.

Cheers,

Mark