minicom patch

Mark Einon mark.einon at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 11:05:35 UTC 2012

On 5 December 2012 06:46, Saso Kocev <kocev at rogers.com> wrote:
> Hi, I came across your patch for minicom that timestamps the log and I too
> want to timestamp the action happening with my minicom, however I do not
> understand how can I patch my minicom? I am using the latest minicom 2.6.1
> (compiled Apr 28 2012) on debian.
>
> the link to your patch that I am interested:
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/minicom-devel/2011/001078.html
>
> What do I have to edit or add/remove? Can you please help, it will be much
> appreciated!
>
> Thank You!

Saso,

Please do not send email solely to me, or other developers - you must
also CC the development list as well, at least. This will be true for
almost all open source projects, for future reference.

You should be able to access the timestamp switch by selecting Ctrl-A
then Z in minicom, and using option N to toggle.

Cheers,

Mark