[minicom-Bugs][314803] The PortName shown on status bar is not correct if I add -p argument

minicom-bugs at alioth.debian.org minicom-bugs at alioth.debian.org
Mon Sep 8 06:56:32 UTC 2014

minicom-Bugs item #314803 was changed at 2014-09-08 08:56 by Adam Lackorzynski
You can respond by visiting:
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100031&aid=314803&group_id=30018

Category: None
Group: wishlist
Resolution: Fixed

Initial Comment:
If I run minicom -o -p /dev/pts/3, the status bar still shows the original port name like /dev/ttyS0.
>From the code (minicom.c:1372, I found dial_tty will be replaced by P_PORT if I don't use -p argument.
So question is why not show dial_tty on status bar. It is the real node minicom connects

main.c #564
bufi += snprintf(buf + bufi, COLS - bufi, "%s", shortened_devpath(b, sizeof(b), P_PORT));

Date: 2014-09-08 08:56

Message:
Hi, the hg-URL works for me:

$ hg clone https://alioth.debian.org/anonscm/hg/minicom/
destination directory: minicom
requesting all changes
adding changesets
adding manifests
adding file changes
added 168 changesets with 761 changes to 222 files
updating to branch default
142 files updated, 0 files merged, 0 files removed, 0 files unresolved

Temporary problem?

Comment By: Steven Jian (motovb-guest)
Date: 2014-09-08 02:38

Message:
Hi, where can I get your commit? From the File tab of alioth, https://alioth.debian.org/frs/download.php/latestzip/3/Source-latest.zip
I don't see the change.
And below command failed.
$hg clone https://alioth.debian.org/anonscm/hg/minicom/
abort: error: nodename nor servname provided, or not known

Comment By: Adam Lackorzynski (al-guest)
Date: 2014-09-05 23:58

Message:
Hi, yes, good comment. Committed.