Capture \r

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Sun Apr 23 21:56:10 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Fri Apr 21, 2017 at 18:06:27 +0200, Péter wrote:
> Minicom is unable to capture the raw serial input. I am sure that '\r' bytes
> are coming. But all my attempts to capture a '\r' byte failed. The '\n'
> bytes (among printable ASCII characters) are present in capture file, but
> the '\r' bytes are missing.

Yes, the capture functionality does not capture everything 1:1.
However, there's internal code that can do that but unfortunately it's
not configurable in the UI. If you like to rebuild minicom, change the
"docap = 1" in src/minicom.c in the "case 'C':" block to docap = 2. That
should change capturing to byte-by-byte. I'll try to think about how to
make this accessible.

Thanks, Adam