Timestamp setting on startup

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Sun Sep 10 11:43:36 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Wed Sep 06, 2017 at 20:42:15 +0200, Chris Maier wrote:
> Dear members,
>
> I am new to the list. My name is Chris and I am a Software developer
> from Germany.
>
> Yesterday I was looking for a solution to start a minicom session with
> timestamps enabled. After reading the documentation, skimming and
> greping through the source code I was not able to find a solution.
>
> Not finding a solution does not mean there is none. So, is there a way
> for enabling timestamps on startup?
>
> And if there isn't, I would happily volunteer.

There's currently no command line option or similar to change the
default behavior (no timestamps) from the startup. This of course could
be added. However, I'm a little be reluctant to add yet another command
line option as there are already quite a few.
May it's better to have a configuration entry so that it's configurable,
and thus can be set via the config file.
Would that work for your use case?

Adam