[mgt-devel] delay it for a few days please.

Mohammed Sameer msameer at foolab.org
Mon Feb 18 20:08:20 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 06:48:31AM +1100, Craig Sanders wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 02:26:47AM +0200, Mohammed Sameer wrote:
> > We, the multi-gnome-term gtk2 porters are thinking about using libzvt.
> >
> > We are still discussing it. Please allow us a few days before you
> > remove libzvt.
>
> i guess one important question to find out the answer to is:
>
>   is vte inherently slow or does Gnome Terminal just use it badly - or
>   use features that we don't need in MGT?

that's why I'd appreciate testing my code because it uses vte too.

Seems we will be using zvt.

P.S this comment sounds interesting too:
http://foolab.org/node/1734#comment-18071

P.S This email was sent to prevent the removal of zvt2 from Debian.
I'll adapt it if it'll be used.
I just CC'ed this list.

--
GPG-Key: 0xA3FD0DF7 - 9F73 032E EAC9 F7AD 951F  280E CB66 8E29 A3FD 0DF7
Debian User and Developer.