[Net-ssleay-devel] Interfacing NID_* constants in openssl/objects.h

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Mon Jun 18 21:23:37 UTC 2007

Hello Achim,

On Tuesday 19 June 2007 04:40, Achim Grolms wrote:
> Hello,
>
> in openssl/objects.h
> a set of constanst NID_* style is defined, for example
>
> #define NID_commonName 13
>
> (See <http://www.openssl.org/docs/crypto/OBJ_nid2obj.html>)
>
> this can be used when calling - for example -
> Net::SSLeay::X509_NAME_get_text_by_NID
>
> 1. Do you think it es a good idea to make this constants available in the
>    Perlinterface? This would make it possible to use constant
> 'NID_commonName' in Perl instead of '13'.

Yes, I think all the constants in openssl/*.h should be made available.

> 2. If the answer is 'yes' - what is the better place for doing the
> exporting? a standalone module (Net::SSLeay::ConstantsNID for example)
>    that only wraps openssl/objects.h or something in SSLeay.xs?
>    Anyway, I have added a "export NID_commonName"-change I've made to my
> local copy of 1.30 as a base of dicussion.

I think all those constants should really go in constants.c
The best thing would be to convert them all automatically again with h2xs.
Prob hasnt been done for a long time.

Cheers.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

TTLS, PEAP etc on Unix, Windows, MacOS, NetWare etc.