[Netconf-devel] InterApplet 0.02

Thomas Hood jdthood@aglu.demon.nl
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:59:27 +0200

On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 02:07 +0800, Grahame Bowland wrote:
> The package should be easy to install on Ubuntu hoary.
> Unfortunately python2.4-gamin isn't available in Debian;
> I think Thomas managed to solve this by compiling the .dsc
> from ubuntu on Debian.

Actually I solved it by rebooting into Ubuntu hoary.  :)

On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 02:11 +0800, Grahame Bowland wrote:
> Is a BNF or simlar spec available for what an /etc/network/interfaces
> file should look like? It'd be helpful if a formal spec existed.

There is no such spec.  Or, rather, the spec is the ifupdown.nw file in
the ifupdown source package.

> For example, it's hard to tell from interfaces(5) which characters are
> valid in an interface or mapping name...

Yes, and this has caused problems in the past, e.g., in the case of
option arguments that have to contain whitespace characters.

--
Thomas Hood <jdthood@aglu.demon.nl>