[Netconf-devel] Re: switchconf

martin f krafft madduck@debian.org
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:22:09 +0100

--neYutvxvOLaeuPCA

also sprach jdthood@aglu.demon.nl <jdthood@aglu.demon.nl> [2005.03.10.1536 =
+0100]:
> Before integrating it with netconf, take a look at how laptop-net
> does things.  laptop-net is a pretty well designed package, even
> if it is considered obsolete by its author now.

Okay, I will.

> My own view is that things like switchconf shouldn't be necessary.
> Configuration files should not have to be switched.  However we
> don't live in an ideal world yet.

So in an ideal world, how do you configure the following, based on
location:

  - printers (cups and lpr)
  - Xsession files (dual vs. single-head start)
  - postfix/exim/sendmail smarthosts
  - APT sources lists
  - ...

switchconf is kinda like stow, which is why I like it.

--=20
`. `'`
=20

--neYutvxvOLaeuPCA