[Netconf-devel] Re: switchconf

Thomas Hood jdthood@aglu.demon.nl
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 22:00:10 +0100

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 16:22 +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> So in an ideal world, how do you configure the following, based on
> location:
>
>   - printers (cups and lpr)

The printers can be defined in /etc/cups/printers.conf and selectively
enabled with cupsenable.  I use the following ifupdown hook scripts for
this purpose along with "cups-printers foo" options lines
in /etc/network/interfaces.

#!/bin/sh
# ifup hook script for cupsys-client
[ -x /usr/bin/cupsenable ] || exit 0
[ "$IF_CUPS_PRINTERS" ] || exit 0
/usr/bin/cupsenable $IF_CUPS_PRINTERS
exit 0

#!/bin/sh
# ifdown hook script for cupsys-client
[ -x /usr/bin/cupsdisable ] || exit 0
[ "$IF_CUPS_PRINTERS" ] || exit 0
/usr/bin/cupsdisable $IF_CUPS_PRINTERS
exit 0

>   - Xsession files (dual vs. single-head start)

I don't know -- I don't run X dual headed.

>   - postfix/exim/sendmail smarthosts

/etc/postfix/main.cf is the last configuration file that I switch
dynamically.  I use an ifupdown hook script to set the value of
"relayhost" to the argument of the mail-relay iface option
in /etc/network/interfaces.  I can provide the script if you want it.

>   - APT sources lists

I don't switch this automatically.  In the long run apt should be smart
enough to choose the closest mirror without having to be configured to
do so.

--
Thomas Hood <jdthood@aglu.demon.nl>