starting netconf / git repository / ikiwiki

martin f krafft madduck at debian.org
Sun Jun 10 10:54:53 UTC 2007

Dear colleagues,

I am starting netcon development today. My first milestone is the
daemon with netlink and user-space sockets for control. This will
require me to learn Python threading and event-based communication,
but it does not look too complicated, so I hope to get there
tomorrow.

I have moved to git instead of svn because I wanted to try git
anyway and it makes it easier for others to contribute, in my
opinion. So if you want to get the source, this is how you do it:

  git clone ssh://git.debian.org/git/netconf/netconf/master.git

or if you want to do it anonymously:

  git clone git://git.debian.org/git/netconf/netconf/master.git

I'll try to get commit emails working asap. They will be sent to
netconf-commits at lists.alioth.debian.org, so sign up if you care:

I've also set up ikiwiki at netconf.alioth.debian.org:

  git clone ssh://git.debian.org/git/netconf/ikiwiki.git
  git clone git://git.debian.org/git/netconf/ikiwiki.git

if you push to the repository, ikiwiki runs and the website gets
updated. If someone feels like styling the wiki, please go ahead.

Also, we have a first logo idea at:
  http://rore.dyndns.org/rore/draft2.png

another suggestion that came in was to combine a wrench with an RJ45
plug, and maybe to add some wifi eye-candy. If someone wants to draw
such a logo, please do.

Now on to coding.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck at debian.org>

"the 'volatile' keyword
 is implemented syntactically
 but not semantically"
                          -- documentation of m$ visual c, around 1992