python, then C++, or C++ from the start?

Warren Turkal wt at atmos.colostate.edu
Wed May 30 16:41:22 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 30 May 2007 09:34, martin f krafft wrote:
> But I am asking you still: can you think of anything to say against
> such an approach? Please don't flame languages or anything of that
> sort. The question is just: is it viable for a C++ coder with
> a Python proficiency to mockup a new application in Python first?

A similar approach seems to have worked pretty well for git. I think that some
of the core functionality was C with a lot of scripts for functionality.
Slowly, a lot of the scripts have become C code.

It seems rational to allow the python and C/C++ code to work together so that
you can transition from one to the other and aren't just strictly porting
from one to the other at the "end" of the project.

wt
--
Warren Turkal