netconf and RFC 4741

Martin Marcher martin.marcher at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 14:27:02 UTC 2007

Hello,

2007/9/18, martin f krafft <madduck at debian.org>:
> I just ended up glancing at RFC 4741 again
> (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4741) and am a little more uncertain.

i'd say that is a possible clash (nobody would care to actually write
"SNMP" when he really meanst that but there was a daemon named "snmp"
out there)

> Do you think there's a potential name clash going on? My netconf
> won't implement NETCONF, but the two are seperate anyway, netconf is
> about a single Linux system, NETCONF is about a network
> infrastructure (think SNMP).

----
dNetconf (debian Netconf - to keep the debian in peoples mind...)
---
nconf
netconfig
----
ipconf
ipconfig (refering to iproute here)

totally against something like this:

netconfd (I have enough "d"'s to maintain and don't want anything that
is not a daemon to be added to the list of "sources of confusion") -
as in netconf debian

just my 2eurocents
martin