let's go netconf (was: update: LCA2008 and the next five months)

martin f krafft madduck at debian.org
Mon Jan 7 17:39:22 UTC 2008

also sprach martin f krafft <madduck at debian.org> [2007.08.28.1600 +0200]:
> Knowing the way I work, I decided to take time off between New
> Years' Eve 2008 and Melbourne to hack. I'll also have two 13 hour
> legs on my way there (and a whole day in Bangkok), so there's more
> time available then than it took me to get netconf to the state it
> is right now.

It's time for netconf again. Yay!

First, I'd like to invite those who're on IRC anyway onto
#netconf/irc.debian.org for quick discussions and instant fun.

Second, while I am not quite ready for an outlook of what I am
planning to do until the end of this month, my goals are:

  1. consider xml-rpc or dbus for the control socket and switch
     netconf to it. (see
     http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/netconf-devel/2008-January/000203.html)

  2. implement all requirements (R) on the roadmap:
     http://git.debian.org/?p=netconf/netconf.git;a=blob;f=doc/roadmap-1.0.txt;hb=HEAD

  3. prepare the LCA talk and head off.

If you're interested in contributing and coding along, please let me
know so we can get in sync.

Cheers,

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck at debian.org>

"the only difference between the saint and the sinner
 is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
                                                        -- oscar wilde