status update: interface handlers

martin f krafft madduck at debian.org
Sun Jan 13 18:56:30 UTC 2008

Dear folks,

I spent the last few days going over the code and simplifying the
way configuration of interfaces is handled. I initially had the
concept of configuration sources and somehow clung to it beyond what
was good. I tried hard to keep configuration sources separate from
actual interface configuration, but decided that this was
unnecessarily complicated.

So now, there are only interface handlers in ifaces/* and I have
updated the design document [0] accordingly. Please have a look, I'd
appreciate any questions and discussion.

0. http://git.debian.org/?p=netconf/netconf.git;a=blob;f=doc/design.txt

For those looking at contributing, the TODO [1] file also contains
a number fo small to medium-sized projects.

1. http://git.debian.org/?p=netconf/netconf.git;a=blob;f=doc/TODO

That is all for now.

Cheers,

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck at debian.org>

"glaube heißt nicht wissen wollen, was wahr ist."
                                                 - friedrich nietzsche