non-root, non-real network manipulation for netconf testing

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Tue Jun 3 10:20:50 UTC 2008

also sprach Ben Hutchings <bhutchings at solarflare.com> [2008.06.03.1205 +0200]:
> Have you considering running the tests in User-Mode Linux or some
> other kind of virtualised environment?

Yes, but that would require root rights as well, and quite a lot of
setup, making it pretty unlikely that passerby developers would run
tests, or allowing me to run the tests automatically on build
daemons.

"work consists of whatever a body is obliged to do.
 play consists of whatever a body is not obliged to do."
                                                         -- mark twain

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net