GSoC 2008: netconf suggesion

Andreas Louca alouca at neutrix.net
Thu Mar 27 11:47:57 UTC 2008

I totally agree with you.

The problem is I don't really understand whats the ultimate target.

So lets recap, we want something that just works and completed fast in
order to provide some functionality up until a milestone of a first
release and get some feedback back to the project, after being
accepted in Debian lothy in August. At a later time (out of the scope
of GSoC), the netconf would be rewritten, in C/C++, laying down some
more extensive foundations, in order for netconf to be more
"mainstream".