multiple default routes

Jörg Sommer joerg at alea.gnuu.de
Sun May 25 11:09:33 UTC 2008

Hallo Martin,

martin f krafft <madduck at madduck.net> wrote:
> For a while now, I noticed that this isn't the case anymore, but
> I can't isolate a behaviour that would have me believe that there's
> a new default I can build on.
>
> If I add a second default route (via a different gateway):
>
>   default via 10.100.144.1 dev wifi
>   default via 10.11.50.5 dev tun-rw-ul

What's the goal of these two lines? You say:

1. Route all packages, you don't have another rule for, via 10.100.…
1. Route all packages, you don't have another rule for, via 10.11.…

Do you want load balancing?

Bye, Jörg.
--
Der Wunsch, klug zu erscheinen, verhindert oft, es zu werden.
    	    	    			      (Francois de la Rochefoucauld)