[Neurodebian-devel] Code Ready to Commit

Yaroslav Halchenko yoh at dartmouth.edu
Fri Jan 28 02:56:54 UTC 2011

> Hi Dr.Halchenko,
Hi Mehmet,

Please call me Yarik ;)

> I could also implement spike sorting feature (attached is the snapshot for
> it) and removed some unnecessary lines of code that I used for testing. As
> far as I used the software in our experiments, I did not deal with any bug.
> Therefore, in my opinion, the project is ready to be shared.
awesome

> Now the question is: How can I send you the code? :) Please let me know
> about your process for this.

in my opinion, ideal and the simplest way (benefiting you as well)
is to use a distributed version control system (such as GIT), commit
your code, and push it to a public location.

if you are familiar with other version control systems (e.g. SVN) you
might choose some other one you like, but imho GIT is the best available
atm, so worth switching to.

go to http://github.com/, register yourself, create a repository on
github (enable "issues" so people could have a unified way to report
"bugs" if they manage to run into any)

http://help.github.com/ would give you answers to the basic questions
(how to use git and interact with github)

alternatively, if you don't mind GIT way, but feel that you need help
with this initial step -- send me the tarball of sources, I will
initiate git repository, and push it under under neurodebian
umbrella https://github.com/neurodebian

then you register on github, let me know your login and I simply grant
you all rights for that repository, so you could work with it.

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences