[Neurodebian-devel] poster copy request

Mehmet Kocaturk mehmet.kocaturk at boun.edu.tr
Fri Jan 28 02:56:54 UTC 2011

Dr. Halchenko,

Before making it FOSS (under GPL license that we would prefer), I would like
to tidy up the code a bit more. And, addition of an online spike sorting
algorithm (only template matching) would be better in means of releasing a
more useful software at the beginning. It should not take so much time to
implement (less than a month). Would such a latency be a problem for you?

After making it more shareable and useful, will the source code be reachable
on http://neuro.debian.net/debian/pool/ (I am asking this to clarify)? And,
will any documentation be required or will our technical support be enough
to publish it in neuro.debian repositories(if it will be published there)?

After releasing the software, that would be very useful to provide a code
sharing and version control support. We can talk about it after release.

What is more, we should consider about the options you presented to make it
more easy-to-setup system. I agree this is not the first step to be
concentrated on. Therefore, I will be able to study on the options you
pointed while I am preparing the software to be released under GPL license.

I have subscribed Neurodebian-upstream maling list. Just after having your
response to this email we can go on our discussions there.

Many thanks,
Mehmet