[Neurodebian-devel] RE : Packaging of anatomist (was: Latest and greatest in visualization of MRI data?)

RIVIERE Denis denis.riviere at cea.fr
Sat Jan 29 13:14:44 UTC 2011

Otherwise the stable branch (brainvisa-anatomist 4.0.2) still builds with our old tool: "build-config". You have to get all sources in the same directory (untar the tarballs from the web site, or get a svn copy of the 4.0 branches), set the "build-config" project in your PATH, and do:
build-config --buildMode release anatomist
(you cann append options "--buildOptons -j4" to make use of a 4-core system for instance)
If all dependencies are OK (mainly, development packages for sigc++2, Qt4, xml2, sip, PyQt, and optionally dcmtk, minc, jpeg, tiff for plugins), it should go OK on an Ubuntu system. The main problem with this build-config tool is that errors are very difficult to interpret...
There is an additional option "--doc" to build docs (API docs using doxygen and epydoc, and docbook manuals), but they are perhaps not needed for a first runtime package.
The VTK plugin of Anatomist also requires VTK 5.4 (not 5.2, not 5.6) and vtkINRIA3D: https://gforge.inria.fr/projects/vtkinria3d/

Denis