[Neurodebian-devel] RE : Packaging of anatomist (was: Latest and greatest in visualization of MRI data?)

RIVIERE Denis denis.riviere at cea.fr
Sun Jan 30 01:37:58 UTC 2011

I completely agree on the idea of starting with something not too complex, so deal with a limited subset of our projects. Anatomist seems a good choice; however it already has a number of dependencies, both inside our framework (aims) and on external software (as stated in my previous message).
I also agree on dropping the VTK plugin for now, I understand the issues about VTK version (actually in my last attempt it was vtkINRIA3D which failed to build with VTK 5.6). (here I answer a part of your next message)
When the packaging of first basis works, then we can improve and add the missing plugins.
I don't completely catch the "off SVN repo" statement - do you mean that you would prefer getting the sources from SVN, then making tarballs, or the contrary ? Both are possible actually. The sources tarballs would correspond to each sub-project branch (everything in */4.0 or */trunk on the repo). There are several projects, so several tarballs to make, but it's really easy to do in a script. Do you need anything additionally to make the source packages ?

Denis