[Neurodebian-devel] OpenSesame experiment builder

Sebastiaan Mathôt s.mathot at psy.vu.nl
Mon Jan 31 11:01:46 UTC 2011

Dear sir/ madam,

I stumbled onto your Debian Neuroscience Repository, which I think is a
very interesting project. I am myself maintaining an open-source
graphical experiment builder (OpenSesame) and, if you are interested, I
would love to distribute it through your repository. Debian packages of
OpenSesame are already available, but I don't know if they meet your
guidelines or if re-packaging will be necessary. Also, I have tested the
packages only on Ubuntu. Please let me know if there is anything I can/
need to do.

I think OpenSesame will be a nice addition to your project, since it
complements PsychoPy and PyEPL in being oriented more towards the
point-and-click way of creating experiments (although you can
incorporate Python code as well). Essentially, we aim to be a drop-in
replacement for E-Prime. OpenSesame is a young project, but development
is active and rapid. You can find more information on
http://www.cogsci.nl/software/opensesame

I hope to hear from you! And I will definitely write a blog on your
project in the near future.

Kindest regards,
Sebastiaan

--