[Neurodebian-devel] OpenSesame experiment builder

Michael Hanke michael.hanke at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 11:59:51 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 12:01:46PM +0100, Sebastiaan Mathôt wrote:
> I stumbled onto your Debian Neuroscience Repository, which I think
> is a very interesting project. I am myself maintaining an
> open-source graphical experiment builder (OpenSesame) and, if you
> are interested, I would love to distribute it through your
> repository. Debian packages of OpenSesame are already available, but
> I don't know if they meet your guidelines or if re-packaging will be
> necessary. Also, I have tested the packages only on Ubuntu. Please
> let me know if there is anything I can/ need to do.
>
> I think OpenSesame will be a nice addition to your project, since it
> complements PsychoPy and PyEPL in being oriented more towards the
> point-and-click way of creating experiments (although you can
> incorporate Python code as well). Essentially, we aim to be a
> drop-in replacement for E-Prime. OpenSesame is a young project, but
> development is active and rapid. You can find more information on
> http://www.cogsci.nl/software/opensesame
>
> I hope to hear from you! And I will definitely write a blog on your
> project in the near future.

Thanks for your message. We'd be glad to include this project in our
repository. Moreover, our project focuses on integrating all packages
into the proper Debian distribution. Are you interested in having
opensesame in Debian. In this case, we can do a thorough review and
mentor you during the process.

Cheers,

Michael

--