[Neurodebian-devel] Debian packages for Stimfit

Christoph Schmidt-Hieber c.schmidt-hieber at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Jan 31 18:52:49 UTC 2011

Dear Yaroslav,

thanks for your thorough review.

I'll implement this bit by bit and will let you know when it's done.

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> * where could I fetch your GPG key you used to sign .dsc?
> I've failed to find it around (PPA has different one A9205C2F)

You should be able to retrieve it from this addess:
http://keyserver.ubuntu.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x37D2370A9F7AC0CC

>   also I see some files which might be problematic:
>
> ./src/core/filelib/axon/Common/axodebug.h
> //    Copyright (c) 1993-1997 Axon Instruments.
> //    All rights reserved.
>
> and no license, I have not spotted it among ./src/core/filelib/axon files
> -- so strictly speaking it is not allowed to be used or distributed...  where
> it came from and what is the license? (should be listed in debian/copyright).

I'll try to sort out these issues with Molecular Devices.

> ./src/core/levmar/* GPL (v2 or later)
>  [Copyright: 2004-05 Manolis Lourakis (lourakis at ics.forth.gr)]
>
> NB it seems that at least two more projects carry copy of it -- hugin and
> freemat... may be eventually it could be made a separate package to reduce
> maintenance effort

I've had some trouble with newer versions of levmar which is why I'm shipping an older version along with the code. I'll try to sort out these issues so that we can make use of a common package.

Cheers,
Christoph