[Neurodebian-devel] Debian package for mpi4py

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Fri Mar 25 17:29:03 UTC 2011

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:
> > I know -- you could become a good friend with Gael Varoquaux ;-)
> Too late, I already am :-) We've met several times at FACETS CodeJams...

;-)

> Among the most essential, maybe, I would name native fast ordered
> dictionaries.

yeah -- those are indeed a nice sugaring

> Other than that, latest unittest2. Ability to use
> "{}".format(x). Well, you name it ;-)

.format was backported into 2.6 (besides implicit ordering of '{}{}')

I am just an old school and still use primarily string comprehensions,
e.g.  "%(var)s" % some_dict_with_var_key

> Anyway, with virtualenvs, a custom Python interpreter is just few extra
> characters, so, why would I suffer?

Sure you shouldn't and virtualenv is indeed a nice resolution for "too
stable" clusters ;)

Cheers,