[Neurodebian-devel] [psignifit-devel] [ftpmaster at debian.org: psignifit_3.0~beta.20120503.1-1_amd64.changes REJECTED]

Valentin Haenel valentin.haenel at gmx.de
Wed May 23 07:56:17 UTC 2012

Hello again,

* Ingo Fründ <ingo.fruend at tu-berlin.de> [2012-05-22]:
> My feeling is that actually the old psignifit package and the new one
> are relatively different -- the old one is a pure command line interface
> to the C part of psignifit 2.5.6, the new one is a shared library and a
> python module to psignifit 3.0beta. If I remember correctly, we had at
> some point (when Michael was in Berlin) called the new package
> python-pypsignifit. Why not stick with that?

That is the name of binary package, not the source package.

I was always dreaming of Psignifit-3.x having a legacy interface to the
old psignifit via popen. :D

But seriously, the question is: do we want to keep the old one in
Debian. If yes, we need to rename our source package. If no, we need to
tell the ftpmaster that this version supersedes the old one.

Somehow I am in favour of keeping, but that is just a gut feeling.

V-